Homeco Insulation, Inc. has been certified as an Accredited Contractor by the Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) for installation of Non-Permeable, Vapor Permeable Air Barrier Systems to stop air and vapor leakage.
Air barrier materials are defined by the air permeance. The air permeance of an air barrier material is defined by ABAA. Keep in mind that air permeance is the amount of air that migrates through a material, whereas air leakage is the air that passes through holes or gaps.
A Building Enclosure System is designed and constructed to provide protection of the interior environment in a building from the effects of weather, intrusion of noise, pollutants, hazardous or deleterious conditions or materials and unwanted organisms.
Thanks to its 90% closed-cell content, the WALLTITE® system combines industry-leading air permeance ratings and a superior insulation R-value to make a significant contribution to building energy efficiency.
The WALLTITE® insulating air barrier system:
- Eliminates uncontrolled air leakage
- Improves occupant comfort, health and safety
- Improves indoor environmental quality
- Improves structural strength
- Reduces condensation, moisture and mold problems
- Conforms to any shape
- Is approved by the Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) to meet the mandated air barrier requirements of the Commercial Energy Codes of Massachusetts, Wisconsin and Michigan
- Is installed only by ABAA approved applicators with third-party quality control inspection
Next generation polymers provide a long lasting elastomeric film to stop air and vapor leakage.
TK-2102 sprayed onto masonry, poured precast walls or dens-glass along with a self-adhering air-barrier and flashing membrane around windows/doors and over control joints and pipe and conduit extrusions through the wall make up a comprehensive system to protect any exterior envelope.
TK-2103 is a water-borne liquid, high-performance, non-permeable air barrier. It is a protective, elastomeric acrylic coating and exhibits excellent resistance to air leakage.